Heaven 4 RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First meeting

2 posters

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down

First meeting - Page 8 Empty Re: First meeting

Post  !Fox! Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:26 am

I opened my mouth to speak, but closed it after a moment, deciding it was best not to bring up the comment i had wanted to. With a grunt, i removed a broken wire, and rummaged through my bag, pulling a similar one out. "Damned Rayans, can make such great shit, but cant make an AI that is capable of communication across technology, speech or text, to assist in its own repairs..." i grumbled under my breath, leaning in further to the panel as i began soldering the wires into the mess of technology. "He looks at it because he has too. Know your enemy and all that..." I said over my shoulder, pausing for a moment to listen before closing the door. "Do we have any leads as to where it went, and why it avoided the vats?" I asked, hissing with a jumbled mess of swearwords as i got shocked.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:39 am

"Seems to have managed to get under the floor. But it made a racket apparently when it went under, so for now, it doesn't seem to be active. They did make an effort to contain it, but I suppose one can only do so well against a creature of that size, regardless of its dextrity." As he spoke, I approached the screen again, since a cording to him, it was out of sight at the moment. I decided to look at the system logs, to see if there were any anomalies there.

And what a sursprise, there was. Actually... "Sabotage. Damn it, why couldn't it just be a small godzila that got out of containment due to negligence, instead someone freaking planned this and only two guys managed to make countermeasures in case the creature escaped and we don't even know if it is the vat of mystery or anything else because oh look it's off the records!" I huffed, annoying increasing. "Where is their historian!? Did they go rogue or something!?" Dane tapped my shoulder. " I thought you didn't know much of rayan culture?"
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:51 am

"She has these things called Echo's. Replaces dreams or something. Apparently that's how she has been regaining bits and peices of her past. Of their past..." I said distractedly, crossing my arms in irritation ".... I need to get more supplies to fix all the damage here. Even with my spare parts, there is so much sabotage here that i need to restock. Ask the AI if it has any storehouses of parts so i can keep fixing it." I sighed, pinching my nose. "Also, Do we know what area it went underground in? On a diagram or map? Id like to avoid going near it if possible..." I said irritably, my natural scowl deepening
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:47 am

I jumped off the platform, asking in a clearly far more tense manner if it had replacement parts avaliable, as I walked towards the wall. "There have to be parts here, this area has to be regularly and quickly maintained if they spent time messing around with mini godzilla." I quickly scanned the area as it gave me the locations and very helpfully pointed out its lifts to access anything out of normal reach were currently not functuonal. I groaned. "I'll have to get this stuff down myself, just tell me what you need," I said, rubbing my hands together in preperation of going full gecko. I hadn't managed to learn to climb very far, but now wasn't a good time to mind those limitations. This needed to be up and running, and we needed to get out before pigmy godzilla regained... "According to the AI it's been forced into dormancy with pretty much everything available, but if the system keeps overheating it'll be a problem we don't seem to have the means to deal with. "
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:01 am

"Mostly just a large bundle of wire, some solder, about 14 connector peices and some wire coverings to seal up the splices." I said simply, and sighed, crossing my arms. "You know, i really wished i was the one who had gotten that ability. Would have come in handy in the past...."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:24 am

"When would being a human gecko not be practical? If it weren't for that we'd have to get a hell of a whole lot more creative to get the stuff," I said, fishing out the wire first. "But I get the feeling that was something they wanted as well. I mean, letting others aside from specific classes have certain of the more convenient abilities." I tossed the wires to Dane, moving to get the rest. "Historians seem to be capable of the most, simply because of their role. As far as I know, all Rayan colonies have at least one."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:56 am

"What do you mean by Classes? This is new information to me... And why would Historians need the most? What would you classify as?" I asked, shaking my head. "I Couldnt find any records on that subject..."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:27 am

"Historians record everything about their colony. They're almost immortal, at least until they give birth to a new historian, then they age normally. And die. Except, I don't know how much I know. I've got to wait for more echoes to make it more clear..." I sighed. Then i immediately looked up at him, clearly remebering simething new. "I do know they're the most protected. I don't know why they're what determines the fate of the colony, though."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:13 am

"Well, if i had to guess... I would say you would end up becoming a Historian. Think about it. Our increased life spans, your Echo's, your abilities..." I said simply, folding my arms. "Its possible that these Echo's are timed, or at least ordered. On Earth, we had just had a medical breakthrough where we could store petabytes of information on DNA the size of a small vial. With how advanced the Rayans are, wouldn't it be possible to make it a biological trait? That the genes from the historian parent pass the information to the child once they are ready for it? I mean, most of the stuff here does go off biology and DNA..." I stated, furrowing my brow
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:47 am

"Well...I think I already am, just... I have no idea what information I'm missing. But then... Maybe since I'm a Rayan, and they're my people, it was a lot easier to ensure historian class, while you got enough traits to benefit but not enough to be considered a historian. That would explain why they would try to keep it from falling into the wrong hands, that could- I suddenly heard a loud noise, much like a steel beam being snapped like wire. Then all power cut out. It would've far more terrifying if it weren't for the fact our gear had auxiliary lighting. I didn't expect the AI to function. "...It said it shut off nearly everything but the extremely vital processes, but it can't push it's luck much longer."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:57 am

"Then talk while i repair." I said simply, grabbing the supplies and working faster. "Also, You start at the other end of the room, Dane, if you would, keep our backs watched." I muttered, messing up the words with out noticing.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:10 am

"Well, to be honest there's not much more to say, I'll just focus on not panicking and grabbing anything more you might need, and Dane can focus on us not getting mauled by a lizard."

"Grand."

"Well sorry, but his suggestion for the time being is a good one."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:23 am

Finishing my work on the current panel, i sighed, continuing by crossing to the other end of the room. Crawling into a small crawlspace in order to get to the area needed, with only my feet sticking out, I grunted "You would figure that the darn Rayans would have made things easier to maintain..."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Thu May 04, 2017 11:10 am

"Well... they probably just go with whatever they penned initially, without improving it for efficiency... or at least whoever designed it. Without a historian that's left in the air," I answered simply. I then intertwined my fingers. "Tell me that's all we need to get this place functioning normally again...."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Thu May 04, 2017 11:50 am

"Ask the AI. I think this is the last one, since the lantern isn't indicating anything else." I stated, my voice echoing from the crawlspace as I slowly emerged
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Thu May 04, 2017 3:39 pm

I waited for him to emerge completely, worried the AI might start running as soon as I gave the ok. Soon, the relative, eerie silence was interrupted by the sounds of machinery powering up once more, lighting the area, holographic screens popping up and disappearing as they ran diagnostics and general startup procedure. The one lid that was still in one piece was lowered onto the mystery liquid vat, as several of what seemed to be sweeper robots began to roll out of small doors in the storage wall at ground level, minding their own business. "...So that's it?" I asked, looking around.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Thu May 04, 2017 5:36 pm

"Well, from what I understand, and what little Ryan I can read, this is basically the AI core. It controls everything, and after fixing the core, it has access to everything else can can begin repairs on itself, on a micromanaging level... I would still ask the AI if that's it. I would also see if it will share any data on the place here, anything that would help our current mission, and anything it could share to help us understand your situation... " I stated, packing up my tools." Also, see how it plans on containing that beast. "
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Thu May 04, 2017 8:52 pm

I was about to speak before hearing loud, violent clanging in another wall, jumping. -I thought you said the monster was underneath!?- I shrieked suddenly, before hearing in muffled Rayan, -Let me out! Let me oout!- I ran towards the source of the sound. "What the hell is going on!?"
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Thu May 04, 2017 9:15 pm

"Wait. I thought you said this place was empty? Didnt the AI say the same?" I asked, leveling my gun at the wall as I held onto the back of her shirt, then passing her slowly. "Remember, we are in untrusted territory. For all we know the beast can imitate voices. Lord knows what they can make..."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Fri May 05, 2017 3:02 am

-Foreign object detected. Unknown unregistered organic being in storage compartment 48b. Analysing...-

A bright light shone briefly through the thin spaces of the compartment, warranting more shrieking. -Accessing avaliable historian logs... Unregistered foreign object identified. Being 44641 of Rayan district 117, class: servant, brand: naturalized subject. Registration pending.-

-Please let me out, I don't know how I got in here~- Sobbing could be heard.

"...It claims it's an unregistered... person. Dane, can you... go through the footage to see if you can find anything pertaining to the usage of this slot?" I slowly took a step back, hands clasped to my chest. I didn't sense any sort of threat, but maybe it really wasn't my strong point.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Fri May 05, 2017 3:35 am

"I'd say the AI is working." I grunted, and gently moved her to the side. Setting up a small set of projectors in each corner, I pressed a button, deploying a sterilization force field, and glanced at her. "Think it's safe to open it up so they can at least see us? The field should hold, giving that he doesn't have outrageous super strength... And I have a gun... We don't want their screams attracting the creature..."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sat May 06, 2017 3:21 am

I kept my focus on the storage panel, before ordering it to open. Opened like like a garage door, revealing... a little boy strapped into the small space. His face was mostly obscured by an oxygen mask that was too big but modified enough to work as intended, and what seemed to be wires connected to his head.

But he was clearly panicking.

He was so small. So pale and scraggly. Even his hair and eyes seemed to be washed out hues of green and red, respectively. He blinked several times, before managing a strangled sob, -I'm sorry! I won't mess up again, I promise! I-I- -

I immediately moved to turn off the forcefield and to calm the child. -It's okay! Calm down, easy breaths, eaaaasyyyy...- I began, my voice level.

It seemed we were very high strung at the moment. Once this was cleared up I should probably suggest to leave and hope we had a chance to come back before anyone else came poking about. We were pretty close to going guns a blazing on whatever disturbed out peace and that couldn't end well.

Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat May 06, 2017 3:40 am

"Mint... We don't know what happened here. He could be contagious with something..." I stated, my voice level and calm, placing a hand over the panel to stop her. "Relax, we aren't here to hurt you... We are here to help. But to do that, we need to know a few things, okay?" I asked, turning to the boy with a gentle look, slowly sliding the gun down to my side.

"We will let you out, but we really need to know if you are sick, and what happened here, of you know..." I asked, moving in front of her. "Mint, ask the AI to see if he is contagious of something, it obviously can scan for that. I'll try and calm him down... He isn't stable at the moment..." I said, my voice strange.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sat May 06, 2017 10:35 pm

I sighed, righting myself and taking a step back. Then I repeated his request in rayan for the kid, who clearly began to relax when he noticed the gun being lowered. He sniffled. -I'm not sick, I just got in trouble, hic my master put me here when it got dark, it got really loud after that and then I couldn't stay awake...-

He tried to free himself, unfortunately his hands were tightly wrapped, unable to be used for anything except hitting objects. He seemed to be held in place by a harness. "He said he's not sick, he just got in trouble and seemed to be put in here during a blackout," I said, before asking the AI to run a scan on him nonetheless.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sun May 07, 2017 11:53 pm

Sighing myself, i pulled out my datapad, typing quickly before holding up a translated text in large Rayan characters, hoping he could read it "We will help, just relax. We are just checking to make sure you will be okay if we move you. Can you wait a minute?" It read, and after a moment, clicked a button that made it speak the characters, somewhat distorted. "Talk to me, tell me about yourself?"
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next