Heaven 4 RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royal Guard 1x1

2 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The Royal Guard 1x1 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Royal Guard 1x1

Post  Blip Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:39 am

"I'm certain anyone with half a brain would know that attempting to pursue a refined woman such as yourself would be a fruitless pursuit unless they can meet your desired expectations," he said as he began to walk, motioning his guard detail. "Though I'm certain it wouldn't do to have your staff loiter as we dine, I can arrange to have them directed to their rest area, along with one of my pages to inform them of when they are needed once more."

By now, most of the crowd had effectively scattered, walking or talking or admiring the area, with a few individuals for some reason ducking out of sight. Some people were decidedly more observant than others.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:51 am

"If you would that would be lovely!" She smiled warmly, walking next to him, appearing content and happy on the outside. "If it's alright however, I would ask that while we do so, we have them get something to eat as well in the rest area, as a treat for being good and bearing with my behavior this trip. Wouldn't do with me having to explain to my father why they came back in bad health. I do apologize once more for my sudden appearance! I just became so excited when i heard all sorts of strange tales from Katrin, they say there is some daft woman who managed to become a knight! I simply had to come, but father demanded that i take time and explore the land whilest im am out and about, as to grow and foster relations and connections. I dare say he hopes that i may find a man whom i can consider eligible for marriage and is using this as a cover to encourage fraternization." She smiled with a sigh of exasperation. "The men in my town are nothing but cowards who talk of massive deeds, but when pressed they cave under the pressure. I am sure you have met many men of that type in your experiences?" She asked curiously, looking up and over at him as they walked.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:28 am

"All necessary amenities will be provided, I assure you. As to that female knight, that was a rather bizarre occurrence indeed, I'm half tempted to stop by Katrin merely to see if she exists, if it weren't for other matters that require my attention I may have done so the moment I heard the news. Must've been some sort of urchin that ended up becoming skilled enough in defending herself enough to convince someone it was worth the investment to properly train her, heaven knows what he was thinking. It's an interesting juxtaposition, you must admit."

"But of course I've come across many a coward; it's a shame they exist, really, good for nothing scum that we often end up having to manage anyway because, as one with power, one has to keep them in check. Having too many around devalues whole areas. Fortunately rosettes is kept safe from the more unsavory types, so you mustn't fret over having some dog drooling over you."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:48 am

"Thank you, my traveling... companions... will be glad to hear of it. I trust they can take care of the logistical portions of the required goods. Lord knows that they would do far better than the horrid old man who was to busy staring than giving us the proper amount of food." She sighed, shaking her head in minor irritation. She nodded, frowning in thought. "You know, it is rather strange how that all seemed to happen. Some crazy old man came hollering about the story, said the Prince himself was the one to take her, and with that, droves of women have been seen traveling to Katrin to ask for training. Of course, he was thrown in the dungeon, as he was disrupting the peace. Was a shame, I wanted to ask him more about the story. But enough of things that dont concern us, because lord knows that boy and his father are ungrateful to those who keep them in power. Our town was suffering and they did nothing. We did everything they told us to do. They did nothing." She said with disdain, huffing as they entered the establishment.

"I am grateful that someone understands the problems I bear. I swear, with every passing year, the poor seem to grow in number, and crime just keeps rising. I was honestly surprised my father let me out, protective as he is. I think my sibling had something to do with it, but I know not. They refused to tell me." She sighed with a good natured giggle. "But I have talked your ear off long enough kind sir, do tell me more about yourself! Its not often i find a man who carries himself like you do."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:57 pm

"Hmmm, unfortunately theirs is not a unique situation, it's not rare for those in power to forget that it is in fact the worthless masses that ensure what they keep remains theirs to own." They were guided to their seats by a young woman dressed in a formal dress that seemed to be the dress code for the other employees. There weren't many others in the room, though their presence was barely noticed, as they spoke in a hushed volume as music played in the background. Once the woman had taken their order and had left the two to return to their conversation, the Duke began with a chuckle, "I suppose it's only fair for you to know more about me, though you may have heard of me in passing. I own several estates in the area, with the Brammon and Nancy estates being the latest additions to my properties. I am also one of the finest hunters in the area, holding such title for several consecutive years. I also possess other skills which would sadly be more useful if I had the time the Prince seems to have to be running around, unfortunately that is not the case. Though that is perhaps because he has too much time on his hands that isn't spent with a significant other. I could expand my influence if he accepts my sister, Eline. Someone as refined as she is may remind him that a lady is far better company than some knight with delusions of grandeur."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:19 pm

"Who knows, mayhap she holds some grudge against him and plans to harm him or something. Would be an interesting tale. That said, Tis not for one in my place to do much, as i do not wield much influence. My father has seen to that." She sighed with sadness. "I would be most interested to talk to your sister as ive heard a thing or two about her, and a great deal about you in my travels. I doubt it would happen however, as she sounds to be very busy chasing after that daft boy they call a prince." She giggled, covering her face with her hand, taking a drink of water.

"You say you hunt? I would be interested in seeing your trophies if you've kept any, as the neighboring estates to ours, the Branwen's, Collect many. They have mentioned that you once took on a bear by yourself! They even taught my how to use a bow, much to my father's anger. Sadly I haven't had the time or ability to practice, so i am sure my skills are complete rubbish in comparison to yours." She smiled with a rosy complexion, as if embarrassed over it. "My father all but forbade me from seeing the young man there due to it, interesting and charming as he was. The thought always did intrigue me, Hunting. I am more accustomed to finer things however, such as the famed Zinfandel Wine you have here. My father has actually had a few bottles delivered for special occasions. Tis a shame I cant handle my share of alcohol." She smiled, glad to have remembered the items delivered to her supposed home, making a mental note to question said Maid about the relations between Eline and The Duke.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:55 pm

"I'm certain I can arrange a meeting, even if it's a brief one to get you both formally acquainted; at least then you'd have far more pleasant company than servants and soldiers if you ever find the need to learn more about rosettes and I cannot, for whatever reason, show you around myself."

He beamed when she showed interest in his trophies, as well as some of his exploits. "I'm quite flattered to know that word of my skills have traveled far. Not everyday when one hears genuine praise over such feats, especially when one has time to dabble in these arts and realize that it is much more complex than it would seem. However, as much as I would like to show my trophies, as well as perhaps teach you some tips pertaining your achery, if you don't mind keeping a thing or two from your father, as soon as possible, I'm afraid you'd have to wait another day, as I do have serious matters to attend to that couldn't be discussed at a later date."

He briefly chuckled at her comment of wine. While zinfandel is perhaps the most notorious in the region, that does not mean it is the exclusive option; might I suggest other varieties that you may find more enjoyable?" He asked, calling over the same woman as before to make the request.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:26 pm

"Sir, of course I would be happy to wait! Since all the other towns were in such terrible condition that required me skipping them, I have plenty of time to socialize with you and your family!" She giggled, covering her mouth with a warm smile. "I would enjoy the oppritunity if she would give me the time of day, but if not that is totally understandable! If not now, mayhap in the future! As for recommendations, please do! I would only partake a small glass given my current state of affairs, but if i were to find a more suitable location to stay, I may consider more. Last of all, keeping things from my father... Why do you think i went on this little trip of mine?" She smiled, giving a teasing smile, her eyes lowering a fraction.

Her almost-bedroom-eyes disappearing after being sure he had seen them for a moment, she began eating again, glad she had practiced proper manners for her training, amongst other reasons. "I would be glad to wait, albeit with eager anticipation, to have your company again! It has been far to long since i have been able to fraternize with a handsome man." She smiled, an internal groan escaping her.

~Lars would be proud of me! I think... But... Good to know that the main thing to engage with him is hunting stories. perhaps i can get him to reveal more details with past stories...~ she thought to herself, a mental sigh happening. She looked up from her food, and giggled, the sound almost annoying by this point with how much she had grown to use it, having taken one of the spies advise to heart.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum