Heaven 4 RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royal Guard 1x1

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Royal Guard 1x1 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Royal Guard 1x1

Post  Blip Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:56 am

He smiled. "You did seem quite content to be able to tear him a new one, after everything hed done." He briefly turned his attention to the manor. "I do hope he doesn't try anything petty, it would be a waste to drop a battalion on a man who can't lean forward without something holding up his weight. Nonetheless I thank you for your assistance, if you ever need anything, I'll provide the means for you to be able to contact me. I may return with Marci if we decide she needs our assistance, as well as more knights, but for now, I bid you farewell, until we meet again."

With that, he bowed, and both he and Smith returned to the carriage, but not before smith turned and mouthed, ((see, everything was alright!)) making haste to catch up to Zacharie. Zacharie, meanwhile, lingered at the door for a moment. "Though if you need anything now, we'll be happy to accommodate that request as best we can."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:18 am

Looking behind her at the little hut on the hill that housed the man that was suddenly brought to her thoughts, she spoke up. "If possible, would you see to it that the old man who trained me is well cared for? I do worry about him. He is like a second father to me. I would do it myself, but the jobs here barely pay enough to feed one family." She said with a slight frown. She sighed, turning a bit red at the sudden attention Zacharie directed at her. "H-he's an older gentleman, was a knight who served your father if I remember right, but he was sent home after losing his left arm.... I-if anything, he is the one to thank... He kept saying that he could never see me working in a tavern or a smithy, that crazy old man kept raving about how he would love to see me end up as a knight instead of the princess." She laughed quietly, shaking her head. "Chivalry isnt quite dead it would seem, but most dont like the idea of a female knight. I just dont have the heart to tell him it will probably never happen." She sighed, furrowing her brow.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:59 pm

Zacharie nodded. "I'd like to speak to him, if that's possible. I would say it were impressive he took you under his wing, but that would seem in line with the ideals of Katrin. I'm afraid I do have to agree with the notion that most don't like the idea of a female knight, but to be honest, that's an absurd barrier to place. It's pleasing to hear he valued your potential, and I hope you never tell him that part of you followed through with training to humor an old man in what you believed to be an impossible dream."
(Dear Christ I could not catch a break! I still cant, I just sneaked aside to finish writing this aaaaaaaaaargg)
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:08 pm

(I know the feeling -_- If I may, what are your hours? That way I can expect what times to hop on and check haha)

"The sly old bastard still has some bite to his blade despite missing an arm... Took me till just a month ago to finally best him in swordplay." She said with a chuckle. "It's only a ways away, and I don't think your carriage would be able to make it through the small paths. I could guide you now if you would like?" She asked, sighing.

"It's not that I don't think it's achievable. It's just no knights in active duty will take a woman and train them for Knight hood. I love the ideal, and the Knights code just appeals to me in so many area's. That said, with the current system, as far as I know, only a knight can elevate one to Knighthood with the rulers approval of that specific land, but I am not as well versed in that subject. I still try, but... I highly doubt it would happen is all." She responded, turning around in a smooth fashion to check her surroundings cautiously, an old periodic habit beaten into her by the old knight.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:18 am

(Well, I work Tuesday to saturday, my longest break is 11 to 1130 am pacific time. Sunday and Monday are my days off, so those days I guess you can check once every hour? Also, until the end of July I'm taking a summer course, so Tuesday to saturday evenings I can't post until like 930pm pacific (○x○) mainly because it takes me like 15 or so minutes each thread because everything is so hectic uwaaaaaaa. So sorry...)

"Smith, start heading out, we'll catch up to you later, " Zacharie said simply, before following after her. He heard her explain that at least locally, no active knight was willing to take a female squire, and if she wasn't officially recognized as a knight, she would receive no compensation for her work. "What is your age?"
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:38 am

"As of yesterday, I am Nineteen." she stated, raising an eyebrow at the question, but resisting the urge to question it as she led him through various side streets and behind buildings, obviously very comfortable with the path. "Was very interesting. Half the town came by and said hello, the other half avoided me." She said wistfully, an amused grin resting on her face as she cleared the buildings and began the small climb to the small building at the top. "We have tried for ages to get the old man to come down closer to town, but he refuses. Something about needing to stay true to his roots. He eats the bare minimum, regardless of the rations everyone sets aside to help him. He trained everyone here after he came back in combat, so the town could better defend itself after he saw that Lord Stone would not accept his requests to ask for aid." She stated.

Smiling warmly as she saw the large muscular man, hair white with age, easily chopping wood for a fire, much to her amusement. "I already have enough fire wood stacked up for you to burn for a good few months. What could you possibly need that much for?" She asked, giving the man a friendly hug once he had set down the axe, a boisterous, amused laugh escaping the man loudly. "Calm yourself woman. I just need to stay active. Old habits die hard... Now, who is this boy here?" He asked, before noting the insignia on his clothing. With an immediate change of stance, he bowed, down on one knee, surprising me at the sudden ness. "My lord, What service may I, Seirn Kalst, do for you?"
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:06 am

He nodded at her response, choosing to remain silent until arriving, after which he stood at a small distance from the pair, waiting to be noticed. Then, with a brief nod, "I am Prince Zacharie, I merely came to thank you for training Lady Whitewall as you have, as she was of great assistance towards my mission of establishing treaties to aid Della. Also, upon her request, she desires to provide aid for you as well, to ensure you live the rest of your days in good health."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:22 am

"My liege, if I may... I already have all I require to live in good health. The people here are good to me. Too good. Of anything, anything that I would need? I know it's not my place to ask, given as I am deformed, and unable to serve properly as I once did... Her family bandaged me up and cared for me when I first arrived. While I can not serve, is there any way she could serve in my stead? She knows all that is required, and as one of your fathers previous guard, I can vouch you would be hard pressed to find her equal in combat. " He said simply, silencing Cielia's protests with a single look.

"I know it is not the way things are normally done, but there have been times wear the only thing halting a knight is the lack of a teacher willing to vouch for her. My word means nothing, as I am retired, but, is there a way you may test her skill? In a manner satisfactory to meet the requirements?"

" That, my Lord, is one way that you could help sooth an old man's mind and help him rest easy." he said, leaving Cielia completely stunned at the words. She was completely shaken at the praise he had just given, and her face grew red from embarrassment.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:22 pm

"Well, due to her age, it is a little less complicated for her to ascend to knighthood. Past 21, an exceptional case would have to be made. I assume you've been training her since her early teens, hence she has the experience equal to others on that path. Perhaps if her skill is matched considerably by knights of Katrin she wouldn't have to wait 2 years. She would have to return with me to katrin, though, as that would be the surest way for her to become a knight. As long as she is fine with that condition, I have no problem in fulfilling your request."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:14 pm

A look of happiness graced his features as he bowed his head, a warm "Thank you!" as a response. Cielia on the other hand, was torn between terror and joy. Taking a moment to calm herself, she nodded nervously, unable to turn down the offer presented to her after a moment of metal debate. "I am not sure my father will like it, but I am a grown woman now... I-if it really is no trouble, I have no objections to accompanying you back to Katrin... Do we have a moment for me to gather one or two things? I would like to tell my family what happened, if at all possible, so they dont think I was kidnapped." Cielia asked hopefully, nervous energy bubbling in her abdomen
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:24 pm

"It's the least I can do for what she did for me today," he acknowledged gratefully. "Please, feel free to take as much time as needed; as long as the treaties are not violated, I do not plan on returning here for a while."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:31 pm

"Go ahead, I'll guard him until you get back. We will meet you at his carriage..." the old knight smiled, waving Cielia off, who took a moments hesitation with a glance at Zacharie, and nodded, running off in the other direction.

-----------

An hour later, Cielia came around the corner with a sigh, a small bag over her shoulder, in nicer clothing this time. Walking up to the carriage, she turned around and stared, memorizing the sight of her home for the past few years. Exhaling with a smile, she turned around, looking for Smith, Zacharie, and her Mentor.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:19 am

"Well someone's ready for adventure," Zacharie said, leaning away from the carriage, turning once more to her mentor. "Sir Kalst, it was an honor to meet you and am grateful for your contribution towards the training of Lady Whitewall, as well as your time actively serving Katrin. Always know that we will gladly send aid in your direction should you need it, even if for now, you have turned down that offer."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:28 am

"The honor was mine, my lord. Just make sure she doesn't kill the poor idiot who has to fight her. From what little news comes my way, it sounds like you cant afford to lose any Knights with how thinly spread they are. Why, when I was in service, your father would have at least one guard around him at all times. She may seem all innocent now, but she is very sly and ruthless in battle." Kalst laughed, patting the carriage walls with a nod, before clasping Cielia on the shoulder and pulling her into a hug. With a whisper of words between them, she watched him walk away before hesitantly storing her bags with the rest of the things.

"W-well, You said that we may not be coming back for some time... So I packed what I felt would be needed." She responded, opening the door for Zacharie with a nervous smile. "Ive taken care of business here, unless you have any other matters to attend to?" She asked, waiting for him to board before her.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:22 am

"We will return to Della for final arrangements for the official signing of their treaty before returning to katrin. So for the moment, I haven't anything more that needs my attention here." He pat her shoulder, "And don't be so nervous! You'll do fine! You've plenty of people who can vouch your skill!" With that, he climbed into the carriage. "I suspect for a while that we may still face a ruffian here or there, so this is a good chance to test a few things as you start on your quest by once again, riding with Sir smith. As we go feel free to ask questions to either of us. I will be working on other things, but nothing of terrible pressing importance, so don't feel wary about voicing questions or concerns."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:28 am

"S-sorry... It's just nervous excitement... For years I've been told I couldn't do this or that, but you are giving me a chance, after so many refused, to achieve a goal that is worthwhile... Thank you..." She smiled warmly, nodding as she scaled the side of the carriage, taking her former place next to Smith.

A small time after they had departed, she suddenly turned to Smith, a curious look on her face. "If I may be so bold... Are you one of Prince Zacharie's personal guards?"
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:37 am

He nodded. "Yea, been that way since I was still a squire, so he's almost like my younger brother, though my life and a good portion of the country relies on my skill to keep him from getting killed, so no pressure," he shrugged with a laugh. "If you're skilled enough you might end up guarding a member of the royal family as well. It's a good life. Keeps the family fed and safe."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:43 am

"What would happen, if I were skilled enough to be offered such a lofty, amazing position? Do we get a say in which family member we would like to guard? Is it up to them who they select? Or do the guards cycle?" Cielia asked curiously, finally comfortable at the moment, looking at the surrounding land. "What would happen if I fought you and won somehow?" She asked, Tilting her head to the side in thought, holding a finger up to her chin.

(Sorry for my instant replies. I'm so bored and can't sleep that well...)
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:52 am

(It's okay. Though looking at a bright screen probably doesn't make it easier... but I won't judge. Harshly.)

"Well, for starters, I'm not going to lose my job if I lose to you," he laughed," and who needs to be guarded and when all comes down to circumstance and need. But guarding someone of high rank means having many responsibilities, as, of course, you won't usually be the one tasked with singlehandedly guarding a single person. That's a mistake Zacharie made when he head out on this trip. If you're ever in a situation like mine, convince who you're guarding to bring the rest of the guards, even for something considered fairly small and simple for katrin."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:59 am

"He does seem rather headstrong..." She smile, giggling quietly into her hand. "That may be why he is so favored by the people. If I had a choice, I'd like to protect him. He is a good, honest person, who means well. You both, despite barely knowing me, sat next to me on either side, when that lecherous beast of a lord was staring me down. Thank you for that..." She said, patting his back in a friendly manner. "Even if this doesn't turn out well... I'd still be happy none the less. It's moments like these that kept me going in training. The little points in time where I get to experience what so few women get to."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:10 am

"'If we always have eachother backs, there's no way harm will break us', that's the ideal Katrin was built on. We were merely acting on that when we spoke to that... Lord. But you're right, the chances of him backing down from anything are slim, which is probably how he's able to establish treaties with ease. And of course all will turn out well, usually Zacharie isn't the one who selects potential squires when he travels, as that isn't one of his many tasks. You're exceptional if you managed to convince him to sidestep certain rules for you to become a knight."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:13 am

"Wait, how is he side stepping the rules?" Cielia asked, frowning. She smiled at the praise, but kept going. "Is there someone who's job is specifically to look for Squires? Because they have never come to our town..." She said with a sigh.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:23 am

He shook his head. "Normally they start out as children, mainly boys, serving a family, and usually, when they're 14 or so, they start being trained towards being a knight, and at least in katrin, if they wish to serve the royal household, can receive a specialized training as part of a larger group, instead of having one squire per knight. However, because you didn't receive training from an active knight, or as far as we know, serve under a family to be recommended into knighthood, what would get you to train in the academy would be mainly your skill, as the most he can do is request that you take the test necessary to officially be accepted into the training."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:24 am

"So, assuming I pass said test, how long would that training take normally, and say I already knew the material they are trying to teach me... What then?" She asked curiously. By now, she had become mildly hungry, reaching into a small pouch on her person to pull out a piece of fruit.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:12 pm

"That usually depends. Everyone, unless they're wildly exceptional, starts in a low training tier. After that, they usually train upwards until they're 21, after which it is decided what it is they'll be assigned to do. Also, depending on your tier, you get monetary compensation, as well as aquiring land and other forms of property. I actually own a small fleet of ships and crew, part of which is run by family member, they work off the coast of Poisson, that's one example of something you could potentially receive."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum