Heaven 4 RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Till death do we part?! (Closed)

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Till death do we part?! (Closed) Empty Till death do we part?! (Closed)

Post  zombiequeenkai Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:02 am

Erm... Hello everyone. Originally I was xXdarkangel118Xx. Embarassed I'm still alive (surprisingly) and I hope everyone is still holding up as well lol. I completely forgotten about this site for like a couple of years till I suddenly remembered it. I feel like I aged 20 years after my last log in. Anyways, enough rambling and here's the plot. Sorry that it's ridiculously long. It has a lot of explanation about this universe. And also sorry that it's worded weirdly. I wrote this for someone else once and I saved the plot because I actually liked it.

"My character and yours broke in to a dungeon to steal an important artifact. As they fight one another and struggle to grab the artifact, they accidentally set of a spell trap. It transported the artifact to a safe location while randomly setting of a spell to distract the intruders. Turns out the spell was a marriage spell that force the two to be bound to one another. Now they have to figure out how to break the spell... or not.
How the world works: To start off, spells have "levels" which tells how strong the spell is. The levels go from 1 - 10. But it is possible for a spell to break pass level 10 but that's rare. Anyways, the level tells how strong the spell is and how complex it can be. For example, a level 1 water ball can be a simple water ball that doesn't do much harm. But then a level 10 water ball can destroy a section of a town. As for complex, a level 1 healing spell and cure small cuts while a level 10 healing spell can fix bones/reattach muscles or it can speed up a person healing process, not exactly quickly healing up a wound.

Now for for the marriage spell. Mind you, I'm going to keep it a little vague since I want to make it a little bit of a mystery. "On record", marriage spells are simple, low class spells that people do to stick close to a lover. Level 1 are sort of like marriages but it sort of "binds" their souls together. Signs of the spell is the tattooed ring on the ring finger, these tattoos can come in different colors. The spell does these effects: both parties will feel each other pain if injured, can not part from each other from a long time, if they do part for a long time both parties will die, having affairs will cause pain to the one committing the affair, and on some couples, they have claim to have felt each other's feelings. Thing is, this is a record for marriage spells for level 1-6. Ranging in strength. Nothing high has been done since there is no point. But for our characters, the marriage spell that has been cast is a level 10. So this spell is stronger and more complex. So... for now, there is an uncertain on what would happen. But what is known: it seem that they can not part farther than 1 mile or else death, this is the shortest radius ever for a marriage spell. Having an affair outside the pair means death too. Your character feel the pain when my character is hurt and vise versa. The intensity vary. New affect discovered is that the spell would occasional force a person to act lovey dovey. And that is discovered so far. You can make up different effects later on if you want, because like this spell will grow in complexity."

I'll be using my OC Onyx for this. I would post a link to her reference page but I'm not allowed to post any links for seven days ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So....
Onyx Stone
3256 She looks, however, about 21 - 25
Till death do we part?! (Closed) 028y3flihe0f

Last edited by zombiequeenkai on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

http://everykissbeginwithkai.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Till death do we part?! (Closed) Empty Re: Till death do we part?! (Closed)

Post  !Fox! Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Damn, back from the dead eh? I think it's just me and julili at the moment. I'm down for this one, but I have a question. Is there a preference for a male character or a female character or do you not care?
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:43 pm

I guess you can call me a zombie *bah thump * That's the jokes ladies and gents.
And I was extra surprised to see you two still alive on here. I was expecting a graveyard to be honest.
And I prefer a guy for this one.
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:58 pm

(Still kinda is haha. I mean, if you want, we can resurrect our old RP's too. Also can't see the image you attached for Onyx lol)

Name: Kayson Wells.
Appearance:Till death do we part?! (Closed) 5ab27da4540d0687c75cf2d37f96c65e
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Till death do we part?! (Closed) Empty Re: Till death do we part?! (Open)

Post  zombiequeenkai Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:05 pm

(Well. The site is probably closer to a hospice than a graveyard considering there's two- well... three people on this site lmao. I don't mind continuing our last roleplay... if I remember what it was (*´ェ`*) And yeah.... I can't really fix it and I can't post links because of that "seven day new member rule". But if you right click on that little error picture box of mine then click "open picture in new tab", it'll direct you to the picture. I tested it out and it works. If not, I'll continue trying to find a loophole on this link rule. And I'll go ahead and start the roleplay in a little bit. I'm currently preping everything for a upcoming power outage in my neighborhood. So I might not start till a couple of hours ((´д`)) )
Here's another attempt to put in the picture: Till death do we part?! (Closed) Onyx_drawn_by_villustro_by_xxdarkangel118xx-dawzyul
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:50 pm

(It loaded. That's pretty nice, where did you get it done?)
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 pm

(Oh thank goodness that worked. I played around with the link till it finally worked lmao. But I got it commissioned on deviantart. The artist's name is Villustro. The price for that was $50. Pretty good deal if you ask me. And ayyy. I went searching through my roleplay archives and I actually found my original starter for this plot. Lucky day~)

"Shing!" "Shing! Shing! "Thud."

The sound of poison darts flying across the air and hitting against the stone walls echo throughout the ancient hall. It was almost rhythmic how the dart goes flying through the air. But, a certain someone wasn't all that impressed by the poison darts. Walking down the dark, dust hall was a women who breeze pass the trap like it was nothing. She took several steps before stopping every few minutes to all the darts to pass her. At one point, one of the darts flew pass her face dangerously close. But it didn't even faze her. In fact, she looks rather bored. "Poison darts... very cliched. Why weren't ancient people more creative in their traps?" the red eyed woman thought to herself. Her sharp eyes darted around in the dark, searching for the next trap just waiting to be set. Brushing back her short black hair with a tan hand, she let out a sigh as she continues her expedition. "Collapsing bridges... riddles to solve... and now poison darts. This is one "original" dungeon I have even encounter," she thought to herself. Hopping over trap over trap, the woman just walked through the dangerous dungeon as if it was nothing. "Was my services really needed? A child can just go through this like it's a playground," the woman thought to herself as she recalls her employer.

Onyx Stone. That's her name. She is quite possibly the best mercenary around. Not caring for the type of jobs as long as she gets paid. She's practically able to do anything since she wasn't afraid to die. It kind of helps that she's also a demon. Though... she is rather used to to more assassinations or being a body guard. About a week ago, she got hired to retrieve an ancient artifact. The employer never showed his or her face to Onyx. Not like she cares. As long as she is paid, she'll grabbed the thing through a spiked filled room. But she couldn't help but just wonder why her employer couldn't grab it themselves? You don't normally hire a mercenary for a thief's job.

Coming to a stop, she stares at a protruding stone on the ground. It's obviously another trap. What it was, it was any one's guess. Onyx is betting on a rolling boulder. Reaching for her back, she frees her scythe to use it to trip the trap. It's sad to use such a beautiful weapon for such a mundane task. But it has the greatest reach after all. Pressing down on the trap, Onyx watches from a far to see what happens. With a click... nothing happens! Really? Well, this is an old dungeon. It was guaranteed that some of the traps are too old to work... hey. What's that rumbling? Onyx turns around to see a boulder come charging at her. "See! Boulder! Just as I predicted," Onyx thought smugly to herself before reattaching her scythe. She broke out into a run to avoid the trap. As she ran, she set off several traps in the process. Most she was able to safely able to out run it. Others managed to get a scratch on her. But she just ignore the pain since it would just disappear anyways. Finally, up ahead, Onyx could see that the hall was coming to an end. Slowing to a jogged, she exited the hall and entered the room. Behind her, the way in closed with a BAM. The boulder sealed off the entrance behind her. "Looks like I won't be going that way again," she thought to herself. She reached behind to pull her scythe.

She found herself in a wide open room. The ground was littered with corpses and set traps. And in the center? The artifact. An ancient vase that contains... what was it again? Ah, Onyx can't remember. All she knows is that it's important. It was placed proudly on top of a pedestal with light from the outside shining down on it. "And that's my exit," she thought to herself with a satisfied nod. Looks like another easy job well done. Starting with the slow and boring process, Onyx started to poke around the ground with her scythe as she made her way to the artifact. This is going to be a boring day.
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:37 pm

(Nice. I dont have any male references just yet sadly. Changing Kayson Eye color BTW. And we could just restart the other ones, seems that would be the best bet.)

"My my, aren't we the daring little Olympian?" came a low laugh from the shadows opposite to her. "Seems I was right to wait. Though, one would expect more of someone of your level. Deploying the traps? That is so childish." the silver haired boy chuckled, turning his eyes to her after glancing at the artifact. He blinked and indicated her scythe. "That is a gorgeous tool you have..." He grinned, the azure eyes staring her down calmly. Pulling out a small, glowing dagger with glyphs carved on the blade,  accompanied by a weighted chain and ball that attached to it, he smiled. "How about we help each other. We both contribute in escaping with the relic, and split the difference?" the boy asked, staying just out of range of her weapon with a wary look
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:55 pm

( Sad There finally fixed it. I'm crying on the inside about that screw up. I want to lay down and die. But as I was saying before... commission people are great. Cool with me about changing his eye color. And I don't mind starting over our other roleplay from before but I can't remember which one was it lol.)

With a poker face, Onyx turns to face the male that was addressing her. While she looks impassive by this development, she couldn't help but think about the rotten luck she has. First a boring job and now some pest to bother her while she's working. She couldn't help but think that god really hates her. Well... of course god would hate a demon. But... she couldn't understand why he would wait to see if someone else would arrive. He had the lead after all. Why waste it? If she was in his shoes, she would have already been climbing out of that hole right now with the artifact. How irritating. She much rather go back to what she was doing and ignore him. Well... she suppose she could give him some of her attention if he was so kind enough to wait for her.

"Hm. You talk as if we already know each other, but last I check, I don't know any albino bugs," she replied curtly. She stood up and was polite enough to look him in the face. She shrugs about his comment about her setting off the traps. "Even though I don't care about death, getting hurt is a pain in the ass. But if you want a poison dart to the arm, by all means, be my guest," she said before gesturing to the traps. She was acting all nonchalant about this but when he mentioned her scythe, she held it in a position that made it look like she was going to attack him. But in actuality, she was tightening her grip of it. "Gorgeous or not, it doesn't matter to a tool. Only if it's useful or not," she said before eyeing his weapon, "Can't say much about yours." While it was a comment about his own weapon, there was a double ended meaning to it that sounds like she was referring to him; not his weapon. When she heard his proposal, Onyx carefully put away her scythe as she realized his reason for waiting for her. Finally, things were making sense. "Don't get me wrong. I'm not like you who's doing this for money. I have a job and I intend to see it through," she said. Onyx might have questionable morals but one thing that her employers can trust is that she was loyal. The reason being is that in the end, she doesn't care about money. She's just there to keep at bay her boredom by doing busy work.

She quickly turns to face the traps. "Augh... I really like this shirt too," she thought before bolting for the artifact. As she runs, she set off several traps. Spikes, arrows, falling tiles, and of course, the classic poison dart. But surprisingly, there were some magic traps such as fireballs and lightening being set off as well. It was strange to see magic traps like these being in an ancient dungeon like this, let alone actually working. But it was more of an after thought for Onyx. She was more concern if these traps are causing the male trouble by being set off all at once like this.

Last edited by zombiequeenkai on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:08 pm

(I'm confused, is she an actual Demon?)

"Albino hmm?" the boy chuckled, listening to her speech before watching her dart for the artifact. With a sigh, he swung his weight expertly, wrapping it around the artifacts base, and with a pull, yanked it into his grasp. "You know, it's a shame. Perhaps you could have gotten me to work with, or even for you. But your impulsive behavior is rather... Strange. Not money then. What is it that drives you to move without thinking?" He asked, with lithe movements to dodge the spells, before realizing that something seemed off about the area as if time itself were slowing for both of them, and his brow furrowed, a slight look of irritation on his face
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:23 am

(Erm, yeah. Sorry. In hindsight, that is something I should have put down in my quick little ref for her. It is in the reference link I was going to post but that seven day rule. Sorry again for the misunderstanding. Embarassed )

Onyx was inches away from the artifact when the male whisked it away before her. She skid to a stop right before the podium. She can still hear the traps behind her going off and a couple grazed her skin, making her bleed a little. But she doesn't care about that. She's more concern about the fact that he took the artifact right before her face. Grinding her teeth, she quickly turned to face him. Not so noticeably, the podium that once presented the vase was slowly sinking into the ground. She considered yelling at him but ended up sucking up all her... unflattering choice of words and decided to act instead. "I have no reason to trust you seeing how you're so willing to change side easily if it's for money. Doesn't make me feel all that confident in you," she said, her blood slowly boiling. She made a 'tsk' sound at his question on why she acts. It was clear that she wasn't going to answer that question. She puts her hands into a tight fist before charging at him now. If time was moving slowly, Onyx wouldn't know nor care. She only has eyes on a certain white hair male before her... not in a good way.
Behind her, the podium finished making it's way down. At the resounding click, the entire room started to shake. Dust, rocks, and eventually large debris started to fall. Traps were going off like crazy but more dangerously, spell traps. Dozen of spells are set off at random and their destinations even more so. They collided into walls, floors, ceilings, and even other spells. All the more mayhem and speeding up the process of the dungeon collapsing in on itself. While Onyx knows it's best to escape now, she was too stubborn to give up. Suddenly, a magic circles appeared around her, the male, and the vase. At the sight, Onyx stopped for a moment to try and remove the circle but found it impossible. It just circled her no matter where she went. It was rapidly changing colors. Seeing how it won't leave, Onyx once again ran for the male. She was reaching out to grab him when the magic circle stopped on white and tighten on her. She stopped dead in her tracks and nearly fell over. It was like a wave of nausea just hit her... bring along a punch from 100 men. For a moment, she wanted to throw up. She held her head as she tries to stop the feeling. The circle on the vase tightened around it and teleported it. Where? Who knows.
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:46 am

(I'm tempted to claim he is a fallen angel who took the blame for someone else. Would you be alright with that, since I didn't know this was a thing?)

Seeing her move, he nodded, sighing as he did so. "I have no side anymore. I have no profit in this. If anything it's for entertainment."  He replied, narrowing his eyes at the bands of magic, rapidly attempting to read the intent behind it. He grunted, hitting the wall heavily as she doubled over, as if immobilized by the magic. He grunted, struggling against it with a slight yelp as he felt a ring of glyphs being branded to his finger
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:01 am

(Yeah yeah! Go for it. It's only fair and our characters don't know anything about each other anyways. So it doesn't really affect anything)

As suddenly as the nausea came, it disappeared, just like the vase. While Onyx may not be magically adept, she could at least tell that whatever the spell that was used against her was gone... or at least done. She covers her mouth, still feeling a little sick but she forces herself to get up and fight against the sensation. There was a noticeable sting on her left hand but she doesn't really pay attention to it since she was still thrown off by the spell. "Damn... what was that spell? Never seen anything like it," she thought to herself, "Some sort of illness spell? Paralyze affliction?" Onyx wasn't sure what the spell was, only the feeling she got from it. Despite not being human, Onyx only knows the basic of magic and spells. It wasn't really something she concentrated on since she doesn't actually have the capability to use it. Why go beyond the basic teaching when she can't actually perform anything? She'll leave that to the professionals.
Feeling much better than before, she looks to the male for the artifact, only to find that he doesn't have it anymore. Onyx clicked her tongue in annoyance at this. With her target gone, she decided that it's time to have a tactical retreat. She looks up for a way out and found several new holes to the outside. She looks to her acquaintance. Though she does blame him for causing her trouble, she doesn't necessarily want to see him hurt. "Do you need help? The place is going to collapse in seconds," she said, offering her hand. It was a stark difference in actions considering her more hostile behavior from before.
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:56 pm

With a grunt, he lifted himself from the ground and dusted himself off, muttering something about being unable to read the spell properly, before sighing. "Come here. I'll use a levitation spell to raise us out through that hole there." Kayson said, raising his arm and pointing towards the target. He sighed, rubbing his elbow with irritation at the bruises that would surely form. "As for what those spells were, we will have to focus on that once we have a moment. I will see if I can't trace the leylines of magic, tracing it back to its original purpose."

(https://heaven4rp.rpg-board.net/t65-the-demons-contract

https://heaven4rp.rpg-board.net/t76-the-caste-system

Those two are ours.

We could also do https://heaven4rp.rpg-board.net/t36-enslaved-to-a-human-1x1-reserved.

Also, looking at my past ones made me cringe hahaha haha)
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:06 pm

Seeing that the male before her was seemingly alright, Onyx retracted her hand to her side. She sharply turn her head in a snobbish manner at his offer of using a spell to get out. "No need. I can help myself. Use it just on yourself," she told him. She gave him a quick salute. "See you on the other side," she said before dashing to a wall. She used the opposite wall to help launch herself in a lower hole. She barely caught the ledge but she managed. She swings a little from the momentum. Carefully, she hauls herself up. This entire process was probably more troublesome than necessary compared to using a simple levitation spell like the male offered. But Onyx is too stubborn and prideful for herself. At the end of the day, the woman will end up relying on herself even if she was offered help. A bit hypocritical of her since she offers help but would never accept herself. Well... she's just independent like that.
On the other side, Onyx hoisted herself onto a grassy plain. No trees in sight and a wide, open blue sky was up above. Needless to say, outside was far more beautiful than the musty dungeon right below. There were many holes that littered the ground thanks to the collapsing dungeon below but surprisingly, there wasn't much of a shift of the ground. Onyx got to her feet and coughed a little to clear her lungs. "All that yet no reward," she thought to herself. She turn back to carefully observe the many holes before her. While waiting for the male to appear, she started to dust herself from all the debris and dust from the collapse.

(I mean, I don't mind either if them. Are you partial to any of those ideas?)
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:25 am

A simple gesture with a simple command summoned a glyph beneath Kayson, raising up and depositing him gently next to her. A sigh escaped his lips as he releases his breath and began walking confidently amongst the ground on a seemingly random path across the ground.

"I'd suggest we move before the stability spell fails and the ground falls apart below you." He responded over his shoulder raising his still stinging right hand and gesturing over his shoulder, not noticing the ring of new glyphs branding  his index finger. "May as well head this way, water in every other direction. Unless you plan to swim back to civilization? Once we are safe I'll see if we can't figure out what happened and what happened to your sculpture."

(Caste system and the Demon servant one were fun.)
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Onyx doesn't look all the amused when the male landed beside her. She crossed her arms as she listen to him speak. As annoying as it was, she does agree with him on clearing out of the area before it completely collapses. With a sigh, she follows after him. "A shame that this place is going to get ruined just because of that shitty dungeon. It's pretty here," she remarked, more towards herself than to him. When she deems that they were in a much safer area, she stubbornly stopped and stands her ground. "This is as far as I'm willing to go with you," she told him, "If we're going to discuss, we're going to talk here." She then wave a dismissive hand to his comment about swimming and civilization. "You might think of me as crass but I obviously did not come here not prepared. I got travel stones on me," she told him before patting her coat pocket. There was some clanging due to her actions. While teleportation spells require a ritual, travel stones cut down the effort. With the spell glyphs already craved in, the user just need to place them in a circle and think of the location. Onyx then shrugs before continuing her thought. "Even if I wasn't prepared, I can always fly," she said and gestured to her back.
She crosses her arms. "I don't care for the vase right now. I want to clear the air between us. First of all, who are you? And..." she trailed off for a moment. She was lifted her arms to point at him and question him on his reason being here but she noticed a new marking on her hand. "And... secondly, what is this?" she slowly continues, her voice faltering in her confusion. She points to her ring finger instead and observe the new marking.

(Well, again, I don't care which one we do. I know for the caste system one, I'm just going to recycle that same starter again lol. Maybe edit it but basically the same. I'm pretty sure I'll be more fresh with the demon one.)
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:37 pm

(so Demon servant and caste system. I'll Make the Demon one after you make the caste system, as I'm currently out and about at the moment. If that works for you?)

"In short, as demons seem to hate the details... Fallen angel, kicked out of heaven for something I didn't do. My name is Kayson, and am attempting to get back to heaven, something that requires an inscription on that vase to do. Hence why I asked for help earlier. It would have been yours afterwards... I'm sorry, I'm not used to interaction with people..." He sighed, feeling a tinge of jealousy as he saw her wings intact, wincing as he tensed the sensitive area his wings had been. " As for that... It is... " he said, holding his own hand up for inspection.

"The first half of a very strong spell. From what I understand, if one were present, they would be bound to the grounds here to die. If two..." Kayson said, frowning as he walked up and inspected her finger with a irritated grunt. "With two, it seems... That it's been modified to be a complex mirage spell. You are the ground, as it seems only a few wards of mine made the effect less drastic than it would have been." He said, paling a bit as he focused intently with some murmured spells. "If you are the ground, and I am bound to it, it seems we are going to be stuck together until we can find someone or something to break it.". He stated with a sigh, shaking his head.

" Of all the things... I just wanna go back to heaven..." Kayson grumbled irritably. He turned around and huffed, placing his hands on his hips in thought. "Word seems to have it that one way to break an enchantment of this level is to go either to the primordial planes you belong in and have them brutally rip and tear me apart and make me a Demon, or we go and help my dumbass ascend to heaven... Or we find a mage that is skilled enough to attempt it." I grunted, releasing a deep breath.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:55 pm

Onyx raised an inquisitive eyebrow at Kayson's introduction. She figured that he was an angel, based on her inner instinct of distrust. But a fallen angel? Well... isn't that interesting. Doesn't make him any more trusting though. This was a fallen angel who wants to return back to heaven. "Why am I not surprise?" she said before shaking her head. She drops her arms to her side. "The name's Onyx and as you already know, I'm a demon," she said as an introduction. "But a fallen angel, huh? Can you blame me for still not trusting you? I don't exactly have a close relationship with heaven... you know, being a demon and all," she said in a nonchalant manner. There was a bit of sarcasm to her statement but the purpose for it is hidden. She then shrugs. "I don't care why you needed the vase. I was just hired to pick it up and delivery it. If you wanted to use it, you should have gone through my employer. Not me," she said before giving a sharp look. "But getting kicked out of heaven for something you didn't do? Sounds like the usual. I swear those guys above have a fetish for handing out punishments," she said with a toothy smirk, "Just because they're holy creatures, they think their infallible. Trust me, you ain't the first wrongfully kicked fallen angel I've seen." She looked up to the sky where heaven is before continuing her mocking. "Beside, heaven isn't all that great. The mortal plain is much more freeing," she said.

Ah Kayson read out loud the spell that wrap around their fingers, Onyx couldn't help but think the placement reminds her of something. But she couldn't quite put her finger on it, so she ended up dropping the thought. When Kayson finished talking about the spell's inscription on their fingers, Onyx just waved a dismissive hand. She really doesn't really care about the technicalities of the spell and only listen enough to the important parts. "So... we're looking at an eight to ten level spell right here?" she repeated to make sure. She ran her finger along the glyph. "I can't be the only one to find it suspicious that a simple dungeon like this had such an advance spell trap. Judging by the era this was made, magic welders believed that the highest level was six," she said before sighing.

Onyx crossed her arms and glared at Kayson. "Trust me, I wish you were in heaven as well... far away from me," she said, "Being with you is like painting a target on my back for heaven to smite me. Can't believe it... stuck with a fallen angel." She shakes her head out of frustration. "Ugh. Can't I just cut off my finger and call it a day?" she said before pulling her left hand to view. She started to scratch at the spell glyph till she managed to draw blood. She waited for a moment for her skin to heal. She almost screamed when she saw that the spell was still there. She covers her forehead as she tries to keep herself calm. She then turns her attention back to Kayson as he tells her their options. "Yeah... no. I'm not helping you get to heaven. That's something I'm not going to touch with a ten foot pole. One of your angel buddies has a vendetta against me and I rather not get her attention again," she said, wagging her finger. She crossed her arms. "And I'm sure you don't want to be torn limb to limb and become a demon. So that leaves our final option," she said before shrugging. She held a poker face for a moment before smirking. "Lucky for you, I know a guy. He's one of the top professors at that prestigious mage school? Drelorths, academy of magics was it?" she informs Kayson, "He's been studying magic for as long as I known him. He also has a fascination for alchemy and science. Hungry for knowledge. So we can trust him to at least know something."

(Got it. I'll just fix up a nice thread for Caste system then.)
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:51 am

"Doubtful. The most they would do is laugh at you in comparison. As for what was done, I took the fall for my younger, weaker brother who was caught in a place he wasn't meant to be. He was thrown there by some rather stuck up angels, as I refused to join their little group. Apparently my abilities are rare. I dont care about my worthless ass, it's more of a 'I wanna keep him out of trouble' deal here..." Kayson snapped irritably. "It's not exactly easy being seen as a black sheep whilst being the son of Gabriel." he said, obviously pissed at the comment. "Don't bother cutting it off, it would just move to the next finger... And i would feel the pain two fold, like just now..." He hissed, feeling like his hand was on fire. shaking it till it had stopped, he grunted, glancing at her pockets. "Those travel stones aren't strong enough for two, and I dont have wings like you anymore. We are going to have to travel like Mortals for now. Going further than a mile apart could kill us, given its level. As for the spell level. Do you really think Heaven would leave an artifact of this caliber unguarded?" He said, a bitter expression as he kicked a stone, watching it fly extremely fast due to his higher strength. "As for the artifact, in simple terms. It's in its own little pocket dimension, and I cant get in there to get it as i'm still recovering from the fall. So seems we either have to travel to your friend, and come back, or wait." He said, turning his back to her with a solemn sigh. "Let's get going, before it gets dark."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:40 pm

Onyx couldn't help but let out a quick, bitter laugh at Kayson's statements. "Right. Of course... heaven isn't interested in a simple demon like me," she sarcastically remark. She makes it sound like she has some sort of past with heaven but it's clear that she isn't going to explain what it is. She placed a hand on her hip as she listen to his story about why he was kicked out of heaven. "There's always stuck up angels. No surprise there," she mutters to herself. She looks to the ground, as if she was thinking about something difficult before shaking her head. "I don't care about your explanation. The present is more important than the past. You're stuck on the moral plain now..." she said with a shrug, "Anyways. Why do you think would heaven accept you back after kicking you out? Because of your rare abilities? Didn't stop them the first time for kicking you out. I never known an angel to be the forgiving type." She then rolls her eyes at his comment about being a black sheep. "Get in line. I know what it's like to be a black sheep very well. You gotta learn how to deal with it," she told him.
She raised an eyebrow when he told her not to bother with cutting. What interesting was that he felt her scratching her finger. "Well, isn't that interesting. Try not to piss me off then or else I might decide to stab my hand with a knife to get my point across," she said, half joking. She frowns when he explains that they'll have to start traveling like mortals and the fact that they can't even part farther than a mile. She let out a frustrated groan. "You got to be kidding me," she said before shaking her head, "This day can't get any worst." She started to walk in the direction Kayson was facing. "Fine... I get it. I get it. Let's go," she said, "We need to find a town. I need to send my friend a message that we're coming. He gets all pissy if we drop in unannounced. We can also probably catch a ride there as well." She rubs the back of her neck a bit awkwardly. "... Sorry for hurting you when I scratched my finger, by the way," she said, looking a bit embarrassed.
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:01 pm

"Doesn't mean I shouldn't try. My sentence was light, and this happens from time to time despite what your people seem to think." He said irritably. "The only thing that has kept me from erasing myself from existence itself is my little brother. Not that you seem to care." He responded, exhaling as he kicked another rock. "The feeling goes both ways by the way. If I get stabbed, you get to feel the pain as well." He responded simply, sighing as he let his anger die down. Crossing his arms, he merely looked in her direction with an almost neutral expression that had a hint of aged sadness as well. "Let's go. Sooner we get there the sooner you can be rid of me." He stated, turning around and walking off in the direction of the nearest town.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:23 pm

"No. This isn't what my kind thinks. This is what I think," Onyx said, "I wouldn't know what those guys would think. I don't exactly hang out with other demons either." She eyes him from the side. She then closes her eyes for a moment before opening them again. "Well... regardless of what I think. You got a goal in mind and someone waiting for you. And that is something I can admit to being admirable," she continues on, "Best work hard on getting this spell on us broken to reunite with your little brother. Ah... but you're right. I don't really care." She waves a hand before her face. "Do I really look like the type to fear pain? I literally just debated on cutting off my fingers or not. Go nuts and stab yourself as well. I don't mind," she told him. Silently, she falls in step with Kayson and matched his pace.
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:17 pm

"I was saying it as a form of caution. You get hurt, i feel pain and that bounds back to you, so you feel twice the pain. You die, I die. I die, you die. Its a form of self preservation, to not be to impulsive." He responded simply, pausing before the edge of the forest and the next in town. "I am afraid i do not know how to interact with mortals at the moment, so unfortunately, I will have to rely on you to do so for the first portion of our journey." He stated, his expression sour at the thought
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:21 pm

Onyx gave a dismissive wave at his statement about pain. "Yeah yeah. I get it, don't worry. I'm not going to get myself killed anytime soon. Make sure you do the same," she said back. Onyx was really being honest about what she was saying. While she normally doesn't mind throwing caution out the window, now that she bounded to Kayson, she has to be more careful on what she does. Onyx walked a little bit ahead of him before stopping to turn around when she realized that he stopped walking. She let out a large breath that strangely sounds close to a laugh. "Don't tell me you actually just got kicked out of heaven?" she asked, a hint of disbelief in her tone. She shakes her head before gesturing him to follow her. "Watch and learn," she said before leading him to town.
Onyx first walked around and looked at a couple of shops. She was looking for something important but she couldn't find it on her own. But from what she saw, she could tell that the town they were in was "Theronville". She figures it's about a day and a half ride to Dreloths if they take every short cut and hardly any breaks. In the end, she was only able to figure out where they were and ended up asking for directions to the post office. Once receiving the directions, she head over to the post office and enters inside. There wasn't much in the way of a line, so she didn't really need to wait long. "Hey. I need to send a message to someone in Dreloths," she spoke to the person behind the counter. "5 brozens per word," the gruff store owner spoke. Onyx scratch her head at this. "You're charging by the word now? What happened to the flat rate?" she asked before crossing her arms. She eyed the owner carefully to make sure he isn't scamming her. "Had to change the prices to keep this post office running. The king recently increased tax again," the owner explains. "Ah, damn. Really? Again? This country isn't even in war yet... well. Thanks for telling. Hand me a paper," Onyx said rather thoughtfully seeing no lie in the owners explanation. On the paper, Onyx simply wrote; "Expect me in two days. Bring along guest. Onyx Stone." Once finished writing she fished her pockets for her money pouch and paid for the letter. "Have it deliver to a Shane Washington and only him," she said. "Of course madam. Thank you for your patronage," the owner replied back.
Leaving the shop, she step to the side of the road to speak to Kayson. "Now that's out of the way, we just need to buy a couple of horses for us. It'll be a day and a half ride to reach the school. But... do you want to stop here for the night or just head out?" she asked, "I know I can keep going. But no harm in resting. Are you feeling hungry?" She held her chin between her fingers as she looks up to give Kayson a concern but thoughtful look. She then blushes and turn her head. "Don't misunderstand me though. Since we're bound together, it'll be a pain if you're feeling bad," she said quickly with a huff.
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next