Heaven 4 RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The caste system- take two (Spoken for)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The caste system- take two (Spoken for) - Page 2 Empty The caste system- take two (Spoken for)

Post  zombiequeenkai Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:25 pm

Alex's face lights up when she realized that she got her old glasses back. She was just about to mourn for their lost till they were handed back. She carefully observed it, checking to see what were the minor changes before holding close to her. Afterwards, she hides it in her pocket. "Thank you Jake... it's the only physically thing that was left of my teacher, beside his teaching of course," she explains, "And it's something that is a part of me." She then gives him a grin and thank him for his compliment. Alex brush her hand along her hair, only to get her fingers caught in the knots. "Yeah... it's been a long time since I last got a hair cut. The only hair cutter back where I lived was this old lady with shaky hands. After a close cut to the ear, I decided hair cuts weren't that important," Alex said, looking rather troubled as she thought back to the memory. But then she realized Jake's wording. "We? You're going to get a hair cut as well?" she asked. She listen to him talk and shuddered a little. "Thanks again I guess for not choosing any of those options. Particularly the third one. My body is the only thing I own," she said.
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

http://everykissbeginwithkai.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The caste system- take two (Spoken for) - Page 2 Empty Re: The caste system- take two (Spoken for)

Post  !Fox! Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:53 pm

"Hence why I am the name usually pulled up when unknowns access the system. Someone with my level of access is hard to resist messing with. I specifically modified the system that way, as to prevent it from happening. Usually I just send them to a corrections facility, but you got further than they did." He stated nonchalantly. "Yes. Hot weather and all, I've decided to go take care of this before the busy season starts. Besides, with all those knots in your hair, it's going to take a bit, so I might as well.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

The caste system- take two (Spoken for) - Page 2 Empty The caste system- take two (Spoken for)

Post  zombiequeenkai Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:38 pm

Alex looked pleasantly surprised when Jake admitted that she got farther than those before her. I stroke her ego just a little. Nothing really harmful but it encourages her to continue hacking. Just like she thought, she was close but... well, this is just a second chance for her to take. "Huh? Really? I was better than the rest?" she asked, "I'm only 18. The ones before should have more experience than me." She then inspected Jake's hair. "Hm... your hair is a tad bit on the long side," she noted. She then huffs a little about her hair taking a long time. "They can just tie it then cut it off in one big snip," she suggested.
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

The caste system- take two (Spoken for) - Page 2 Empty Re: The caste system- take two (Spoken for)

Post  !Fox! Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:03 pm

"They won't do that. They pride themselves on making each customer look good. By the end of it, you may be confused for being a higher class citizen, if we get you some newer clothing. Your face is rather... Suited to it." Jake responded simply, pausing for a moment to get a good look at her. "Yes. You even confused my AI, Kaitlyn, for a decent amount of time, took her a decent amount if time to track you down. She is rather excited to meet you, and won't stop pinging me as to progress updates on when we will be home." He said wryly, pausing for a moment to stare off into space, as of reading something.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Alex gives Jake a look of disbelief at what he said. "Ah, you're just being nice now. I would be average at best," Alex said with a sigh. She pulls a strain of her hair over her ear. "Just putting a dress on a pig doesn't change the fact that it is a pig," she pointed out before shaking her head. "My parents are both from the slave class, therefore, I would look like any other slave class member," she said before giving Jake a smile. "But that you for the encouragement. I'll be patient with the hair cutters." She then gives Jake a curious look when he brought up his AI and had a distant look to him. She was quiet for a moment before speaking up. "Kaitlyn sounds like a character. Care to tell me more about her? She really had a hard time tracking me? I'm surprised," she said.
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:20 pm

"Even a flower in a desert is possible. If one is told there whole life they are undesirable, they will believe it, unless given the proper care to flourish." Jake responded quietly, just loud enough for her to here with an amused expression. "For all the technology in the world, even the best strategists, with thousands of men strong, have fallen to ploys and tactics of single men and women who saw the flaws and bluffed the system. There was once a Chinese general with only 100 troops who had to defend a town against 150,000. He told his men to hide, flung open the gates and sat on the walls playing a lute. The opposing general, Lu Bu, certain it was a trap, ordered a retreat. Zhuge Liang is mistaken to be the one, but that was a fallacy, spread by the chinese army to make them think they were godlike. The truth is, it was by a man from a small, poor town. His name was Cao Cao. My point is. Everyone has something special to bring to the table. Even if they dont think it. Cao Cao and Lu Bu were waging war against each other and Cao Cao ordered his army to go collect wheat in one of the towns. To his surprise Lu Bu attacked the town. Without any options, Cao Cao ordered to open up all the gates, and have just a handful of guards to stand on top of the gates. There are dense forests around the town, so Lu Bu thought, Cao Cao must have troops hiding in there, and retreated. Next day Lu Bu decided to attack the town again, but this time Cao Cao actually hid troops in the forests and fought off Lu Bu's troops. Dont think negatively about yourself. It doesn't become you, or anyone." Jake said with a laugh, drawing attention to himself before moving inside.

"Well, In essence, She is a copy of a dead person's brain. They died, and she was made from that. Then, they gradually feed them information, like a baby, and they begin to develop a personality. Till they do, they are referred to as a "Dumb AI". From there, they branch out into whatever topic they like most, and absorb all they can and want to. There is an AI for almost every major system in existence, with human checks and balances. They take tests and are given 3 different field they can work in. If they choose my field, they take another test, to be paired with someone who doesn't have an AI yet. She was the only one who chose me, and she is like an older sister figure now. She is into books and music, and is a very outspoken person. They Techies think she chose me because her host was a mother of three. Something along the lines of seeing someone miserable and needing help. But that will have to wait till after we finish." He sighed, frowning slightly as he went up to the counter and because talking with the hair dresser there.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:39 pm

There was a surprised look on Alex's face when Jake used a desert flower analogy about her. She blushed a little at the point that Jake was trying to push across. She fidgets a little by playing with her hair. But at the history lesson, Alex's back straightens and she pushes up her glasses. "Yes, I heard of this story several times before. I found it rather humorous and interesting," she said, "I suppose I do see your point that you're trying to my across with me. While I do see the similarities, Cao Cao had one thing on his side... which was luck. You can do all this planning and scheming but at the very end it falls down to luck. Which... I don't have much of." She then blushes a little at Jake's laughter. She found it rather cute but she doesn't speak up about it. "Regardless... thank you for your words. It's easier said than done on changing the ways of a person's thinking, but I'll try," she said.

Alex nodded her head to what Jake was saying about AI, remembering about reading up on them. "Right, I remember... I can't help but think it's a little unethical in taking a copy of someone else's mind," she said before crossing her arms, "I understand why it needed since AI need some sort of base to advance like this but... it doesn't sit right with me. We're too close with technology already. It's a tool but... when does the tool start becoming one of us?" She shakes her head at this. "Sorry, I don't mean anything bad by this or anything. It's just, man is playing god and while playing decided to create the caste system. It's almost like scientists are justifying themselves by calling what they're doing "divine actions"," she said before pushing up her glasses. "But, all this brought about Kaitlyn. It must be nice having Kaitlyn around. Judging by the way you speak, you really don't speak with a lot of people," she said while thoughtfully tapping her chin. She patiently stood next to Jake while he spoke to the hair cutters.
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:49 pm

"You can ask Katie that when you meet her later." Jake responded simply, before being led towards a chair, with another hair dresser guiding Alex to a chair nearby him. The woman smiled sadly, shaking her head. "I pity you. Being forced to deal with that guy." She said, attempting to make small talk with Alex as she got her tools ready. "I am assuming you want just a trim, and clean up, leaving the style mostly the same?" The woman asked, tilting her head for a moment as she studied her.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:01 pm

Alex nodded her head to what Jake said and plans to hold him on being able to speak to Katie. When the hair dresser came for her, she dutifully follows after. She wasn't planning to say anything but was a bit taken back by what the hair dresser said. "Really? I don't. He's much nicer than anyone from the castes above me," she said, defending Jake. She wasn't really interested in picking a fight though, so she made sure there wasn't any punch in her words. "Well, you can cut a good chunk. My hair grows back really fast," she explains, "But other than that, keep the style." Alex silently removes her glasses and placed it on her lap. She looks around her blurry world and wonders where Jake is. He mentioned that he was getting a hair cut too, right?
zombiequeenkai
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:13 pm

"Please, that weirdo is such a drag. I mean, he stays cooped up in his house all day with his digital friend, and works. The only time he ever sets foot outside is for mail, and to grab the delivered groceries." The stylist sighed, before getting to work. "He always is so kind, even after he is attacked or assaulted. Its un-natural. He is so calm, its unsettling, and coupled with the fact of the incident a few years ago, people avoid him if they can."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2